Yes, this list does have "rules"...sorry :)
The main thing I am concerned about is flaming, and then virus warnings, chain letters and the like. Other than that, I will forgive you if you forget to put an OT in the subject line or you write a post that has absolutely nothing to do with a particular thread but don't change the subject line :)
- No flaming! It's perfectly acceptable to disagree with someone else's opinion, and it's also fine to say that you disagree. Debates aren't a problem either. However, attacking a person because you disagree with what he/she said is not acceptable. Ever.
If you do choose to personally attack someone, then I will issue a warning. Should this happen again, I will unsubscribe you for one week. After this time, you will be allowed to resubscribe, hopefully with no hard feelings. If you should continue as before, I will ask you to leave the list until you have managed to control your temper.
- No sending chain letters, hoaxes or virus warnings!! I hate to break it to you, but no little boy suffering from cancer will get 3 cents every time you forward that message, Bill Gates will not be sending you $1000 if a particular message reaches a certain number of people, and you may open any e-mail titled "Good Times" or whatever the hell it is...If you would like to forward a cute chain letter to the list, I ask that before doing so, you remove the part requesting people to resend the message.
- I (and I'm sure others would, also) would appreciate it if you could put a relevant title in the subject line and if what you are writing no longer matches the previous title, please change it. It makes it a lot easier for those who may be filtering a certain thread, or deleting it without reading because they aren't interested.
- Off topic posts need to have an OT in the subject line (preferably OT: Humour, or OT: My new house etc, be specific :)
- As this list grows in members and mail volume, over time we can hopefully establish some more subject line rules :) what I would like is if the subject line title can be preceded with the specific topic, eg. Ritual: To find a job, or Recipes: Crescent cakes etc but we'll work on that later :)